Early Childhood News
The first 5 years of a child’s life are the most important for their development. Dassel-Cokato Early Childhood is here to help guide parents/caregivers of young children during these critical years by supporting families and giving children opportunities to discover and learn along with their parents/caregivers.
• PLAY AND LEARN PRESCHOOL offers preschool opportunities for children ages 3-5.
• EARLY CHILDHOOD FAMILY EDUCATION offers a variety of classes where parent and child (ages birth-5) will grow and learn together.
• EARLY CHILDHOOD SCREENING is a quick and simple check on how children ages 3-5 are developing. Screening is best done close to 3, but is required before kindergarten.
• INDIVIDUALIZED PARENT EDUCATION gives parents/caregivers an opportunity to visit with a parent educator about any parenting questions that you may have.
• KINSHIP CAREGIVERS GROUP brings together grandparents and other relatives who are raising their grandchildren, nieces or nephews.
Have you had a baby, adopted a child, or recently moved to the community? If are new to the Dassel-Cokato school district and have children ages birth through five or have added to your family, it is important that all children are included in the school census. This ensures that you receive notification about early childhood screening, kindergarten enrollment, kindergarten round-up, and other school-related information. Please contact the Early Childhood Office at 320-286-4120 to verify your child(ren) is included in the school census.